Sunday, April 20, 2014

Drink Coasters for Showing Off Backyard Birds

Admit it, just like me, you enjoy having home decor that features your favorite backyard birds. When I found charming drink coasters that showed off some of the birds I see in my own backyard, I knew I had hit on something.

Frankly, everybody can use beverage coasters somewhere in their home. They do function great for protecting the furniture. That's true. But, just as a functional item is boring. We like to add a little extra to our decor when we add functional items.

That's what makes backyard bird drink coasters so nice. They are beautiful to set out on tables. Of course, that helps to remind our guests to use those coasters. It helps us remember to use coasters as well.

I've put bird drink coasters on my personal gift list. My kids are always asking me what I want for this or that occasion. Usually I have a number of suggestions, most more expensive than they prefer. So when I found the backyard bird drink coasters, I had something they could afford to give me. Perfect idea!

Then I got invited to a fun songbird themed tea party. This is a close friend who loves bird watching and her backyard birds. So she decided to welcome spring with this particular tea party theme. I had the ideal hostess gift for her. I gave her a set of drink coasters with her favorite bird, the Northern Cardinal. Oh, yes. She loved them and has the set sitting on her living room coffee table.

A great gift idea, a great home decor item, and a useful way to bring our love of backyard birds into our homes. All that with just backyard bird drink coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment