Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Country Comfort with a Bench Glider

My grandmother had a bench glider on her country porch. I remember delightful summer days of sitting there and swinging back and forth. Many of my favorites books were read in that glider. So this summer I want to add a glider to my own country porch.

I have a nice seating arrangement on my porch. A settee with two chairs across from it. Side tables and decorative accents. That takes up most of my porch space. But, I do have a section that sits off to the side of the porch. Right now, I have a small vignette there with some shade flowers arranged nicely.

What I would like to do is take that small section, just perfectly sized, and focus it for a bench glider. I think it will make a nice reading nook for me. But also a great place for guests to hold a side conversation.

You see, my country porch happens to be the meeting place for many of my friends and family. Lazy summer afternoons will often find several guests relaxing on my country porch. Now, I have to tell you that I enjoy that so much. Which makes a nook with a bench glider perfect.

The arrangement I envision for this summer is one that includes a floor mat or outdoor rug in front of the glider, a small convenience table, and some kind of small accent piece that will carry my country porch decor theme to that nook. I haven't picked out everything, yet. My first step is to choose the style and look of the bench glider.

Spring time is when I start planning and shopping for additions and changes to my country porch. And a bench glider is at the top of my list. Exciting, huh? Bringing back the memory of sitting on my grandmother's country porch and reading away the summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment