Monday, September 22, 2014

Wind Chimes Add Gentle Sound to Your Outdoor World

When I'm enjoying my country porch world, there are many times when the soft sound of wind chimes can add a lot. Gentle breezes in the warm summer air delight me with the sounds of my wind chime.

I've found a nice selection of those country porch wind chimes. There are, of course, many different types, but really, who wants to go through hundreds of options? I certainly don't. It often means that I go through a load of pages, pick a few that I think can go on my short list, then have a hard time finding which ones I want to review again. That's why I like to see pages where people have selected their favorites. It narrows down my search considerably.

The ones that I've found are a great selection. Some a simple, metal pipes hanging from wood accents, while others are more ornate. There's a wonderful wind chime just for horse lovers, which I am. But, I also really like the owl wind chime. Decorative, cute and delicate for a nature theme.

There is also one that really intrigues me. You can actually turn it off. That's right. There are times when you might not want to have the sound of wind chimes while you spend time outside. For me, it's often when I want to relax with a good book. The sound of wind chimes can be distracting. So I can literally turn off the chimes. They won't make a sound even when the wind blows. Now, that's a wind chime I can enjoy all the time.

Certainly, there are plenty of accents for your country porch, but many times it's the little things that will make your outdoor living space more charming and delightful. That's what I think about wind chimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment