Friday, November 22, 2013

Outdoor Holiday Decorating

The holidays are creeping up on us and there is nothing as much fun during this time as our setting up our Christmas decorations. At least for me, that's one of the best parts.

This year, I'm looking at all sorts of new outdoor decorating ideas for my porch. Some things unique and unusual, along with some of my old favorites to create an entirely different look than I've had before. To go along with my holiday door mat, I'm looking at wooden stand-ups and extra accent pieces.

Frankly, my brother is completely boring with his porch Christmas decor. He has one set of things and they go up exactly the same every year. That's not the way I enjoy decorating. I love to try out different looks, add new accent pieces and rearrange until I'm happy with the effect.

My country porch has outdoor furniture that I do take in during the worst winter months, but during the holiday season, I leave out several pieces so that I have places to put some fun accent pieces.

I'm planning to add a new stand-up snowman this year. He will stand next to one of my tables and have a welcoming holiday doormat in front of him, or next to him. I'll decide that as I set it all up. He'll be wrapped with some natural evergreen garland for a really unusual holiday accent.

What interesting and different look will you come up this year? Adding some unique holiday outdoor accents along with your holiday door mat can create a great look for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment