Friday, August 23, 2013

Create a Reading Nook on Your Country Porch

Relaxing on a country porch is what we all enjoy. But, spending some time reading outdoors is all the better. The fresh air, the warm weather seem to combine to make us like being outdoors.

A reading nook is perfect to just sit and enjoy your latest novel. Creating a reading nook is a simple process. I always start with the biggest piece of furniture, which for me is the reading chair or rocking chair. Swaying back and forth is even more relaxing.

Once I have that outdoor rocking chair chosen, I add to it. For a reading nook, I like to have a pillow set on the seat of the chair. This works great either as a lumbar support for my back, or as a cushion to sit on.

A lap quilt or throw blanket laid over the back of the rocking chair not only adds fabric for the country porch look but is also useful when I'm reading in the cooler weather. Things like early morning or Fall temperatures can add a bit of chill to the air. I can pull my lap blanket over my legs and be more comfortable.

I like to add a small side table to set a drink on, or laid my book down when necessary. A small rug sitting in front of my rocking chair completes the look. I have a complete reading nook all set up and ready for me when I want to enjoy some outdoor time. But, it also works great to add to my country porch decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment