Friday, July 19, 2013

Using Umbrellas for Your Country Porch

Well, I have to admit that I don't have much covering over my porch. And it tends to get lots of sun. That makes using large umbrellas to shade my sitting areas pretty important.

Of course, I have a great umbrella that stands in the center of my patio table. It has the extra feature of being able to tilt. Depending on the time of day that I am outside enjoying my country porch, I can tilt the umbrella to get the best relief from the hot sun.

But I also have several nice seating arrangements. One that sits away from the table and a little reading nook with my favorite relaxing Adirondack chair. These places can really benefit from a little shade, too. I added my first free-standing umbrella next to the group seating area.

It was perfect. All of my guests who joined me for an afternoon tea or morning coffee remarked on it. But I added a second one, as well. That free-standing umbrella sits over my reading nook. And now I can sit out at all times of the day without worry of getting sunburned, being overly bright or just having the sun glare on what I'm reading.

I chose the offset-style of umbrellas, too. That means that I don't have a pole in the middle of my area and I can get the full advantage of the umbrella. Talk about making sense. Off-set and free-standing umbrellas make the most of those sun drenched areas of your country porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment